Tuesday, April 17th.....evening


Hi all.....
Today Tami was able to wake up about 10:30 but moved very slowly until about 12:30 at which time she thought she might be able to go up to New Hampshire to see Abby's daughter, Kemper.  It took another 3 hours before we were on our way. We're driving a cute Red Ford Focus and Abby's GPS has been a great help to us when we get out of the lodge....we struggle a little;) winking.....
It took us less than an hour to arrive at a cute little cottage where Kemper lived in Nashua, New Hampshire.  Little Avannie was out on the porch eating her "ogurt" and greeted us with a big smile.  We also saw little "Squish" (Sadie) as she woke from her nap....Tami was her usual self and scared the little Sadie til she cried.....We saw their cute yard and took pictures....We visited enjoyed their hospitality...Amy also came and visited and we all had Dinner together with Joseph, Kemper's husband.  Tami remembers Kemper when she was just s little tyke.
We left about 7:30 and it was getting a bit dark for us two old ladies....but we made it.  Tami mentioned how when she's herself (a little over the top) she now gets nauseated and it won't be too long before she'll learn that she has to settle down a bit.....All her jumping around just causes problems.  She needed to come back to the lodge and just chill out the rest of the evening. 
Jason, that went in today for the same surgery Tami is supposed to have is doing well...he had the hipec today and for him it was only a 61/2 hour surgery....I think that lifted Tami's hopes a bit.  We may go to the Boston Temple tomorrow but we won't know until Tami is up and moving....it will be our last day to do anything but hospital stuff and returning home.  We hope all is well at home.
I don't know if I included this in the e-mail...but on my way to Chicago I was sitting next to a lady who had just been on a skiing trip at Deer Valley.  We talked a little while and she asked why I was going to Boston....I told her the whole story about Tami in a shortened version and that we had had a little fund raiser to help her out.  After telling her that, she looked at me and said, "I'd like to make a donation"  I told her I felt like I couldn't accept that but she insisted and we both cried.....She just handed me a $50.00 bill and said, "Would you give this to your sister....I've had two friends die of breast cancer."  I was amazed that a perfect stranger would hand over money......we can find wonderful people everywhere.
Judy