Team Tami

Enter your email address below and click "submit" if you would like an email notification as new posts are added to the blog.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hi Homeys......That's what Tami started her e-mail with a couple of days ago.......She sent a couple of pictures but I haven't been able to put them up for viewing....Seth is coming tomorrow so maybe i'll see if it's my computer or my brain????????? Anyway...She hasn't been able to meet the Hardy's yet....schedules and sleeping different....they'll be back tomorrow night, so maybe then.  She attended the 18th "Relay for Life" and they handed her a quilt square and told her to write something on it.....Of course she wrote.."YES I CAN" as only our artist sister can.....

....pretty neat!!!  She also had a picture of the completed quilt...Amazing!!! 


It lasted 24 hours but Tami knew she wouldn't be able to stay the whole time.  She said, "I'd never been involved in anything like this.  They started the event with a survivors reception and a Ribbon cutting then Cancer Survivors Celebration Lap started around the field-The volunteers/caregivers were given a shite T-shirt and the Survivors were given purple.

The bagpipes started playing for the Luminaria Ceremony-in remembrance of those who lost the Fight.....I made one for Team Papa (Our dad who died of Cancer back in 1988)  I lit a candle and made a loop in Dad's memory...."Dad I love you...Truly the Richest man in the World.  I enjoyed myself...Quite an inspiring event"  

Sounds pretty cool huh?
Dr. Lambert called and spoke with Tami and asked her if she had met the Hardy's yet...and asked her how she was feeling....We're Thankful for Dr. Lambert.
Today she spent time (too Much) looking for a birthday gift for her old sister....(Me)...I told her  she didn't need to do that , but you don't tell Tami what to do....I wish she would have just sent a card....none the less....I love her.   She ended by saying, "Good Night-I hope- (We hope too, Tami)
I'll post those pictures soon
Love
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment