Hello Team,
To start off, Mom wants me to quote our good ol' Uncle Roundy. "May the blue bird of happiness crap all over your hospital bed!" She felt very loved:) Thanks for the giggle that come out of her, Roundy!
Dr. Carroll came in and didn't tell us great news, but not horrible news, either. He kept looking at her and asking if she was okay, sick, feeling tired at all?  He explained that her white blood cell count was abnormally high, and that he was suprised she looked so good. He told us that when someobdy's white blood cell count is high, that means infections, fever, looking clinically sick. But not mom...It could be a few diffferent things:
1) In the hospital (all hospitals) a common problem is what they call CDIF. CDIF is a little bug that is spread from Dr's to patients, and as much as they try to prevent it, it happens.  
2) There's a possibility that the surgical area could be infected. He doubted this a little bit because her battle wound looks so great, but he didn't rule it out completely.
3) Urinary Tract Infection, which could be caused by the cathater...leading to great news..."YOU'RE A REAL BOY NOW, PONOCHIO!" No more strings, tubes, iv's, cathater. Nothin!
Oh and more great news! She's been sleeping fantastically. After they took out her epidural yesterday, they regularly give her 10 mg of Oxycodon, and she's been in little to no pain, with "no strings to tie her down." We're going to start calling her Pinochio!
We love you all! Thanks for reading the blog, and caring about our cute mom. We love her!
Love,
Maddie 
PS Here's a little song to get you through the day. A little diddy called "NO STRINGS TO TIE ME DOWN!" Love you, Ponoch!

I've got no strings
To hold me down
To make me fret, or make me frown
I had strings
But now I'm free
There are no strings on me
Hi-ho the me-ri-o
That's the only way to go
I want the world to know
Nothing ever worries me
Hi-ho the me-ri-o
I'm as happy as can be
I want the world to know
Nothing ever worries me
I've got no strings
So I have fun
I'm not tied up to anyone
They've got strings
But you can see
There are no strings on me!
HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY FOURTH! Love you, Americans!