Hey Team!
 
It seems like every day Momma is just getting so much better! Her hair is done, make up applied, and Keens on (Thanks Weney!) She is being very Tami-like today, worrying about everybody but herself. She even called and dickered with Enterprise to get Lana a cheaper car rental. Who is this woman?! We love her:)
 
Dr. Lambert came in sometime after her five mile run and her first surgery of the day (She's super woman, too!) and right before surgery number 2. Isn't she great? We really really like her! She told us Mom's white blood cell count is a 20, "But all of your numbers are high. That's probably just a result of the spleenectomy." So it's sounding like no kind of infection.
 
She's been outside twice today. It's gorgeous here!
 
I'm on my way to Amy's soon, then to the airport tomorrow. About day five of "vacation" time, I usually really want to just get home and have my everyday routine back in place (I don't relax very well...) But I'm way over five days now, and I just want to stay! She's getting so much better and being so much herself that I don't want to leave her. But I know I'm leaving her in good hands. Plus if she keeps this up, she'll be home in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed!) and we'll get to go "wayyy down deep with the willy worm!"
 
I love you, Momma. And I'm so proud of you. So many people would've given up a year ago, but you endure and endure, and then you endure some more. In D&C 121:7-9, the Lord talks to Joseph Smith. And now I know this scripture is for you, too, for this very time. Excuse my own verbage...
 
"My Tami, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt trimph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands."
 Isn't that applicable?? This "shall be but a small moment" and "thy friends (and family) do stand by thee." We love you, Mom, and want to help. So let us know how! We're always here for you.
Love,
Madeline