Team Tami

Enter your email address below and click "submit" if you would like an email notification as new posts are added to the blog.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hi everyone,
   I stayed at the Hope lodge last night , and slept like a baby. Its been a long two days,
But Tami was resting great. When the doctor came in today ,she was thrilled that Tami was doing so well,and was
so alert. Its hard to put Tami down for very long.
   She sat up in a chair all day and read some of her messages from anything for a friend. she told me that those messages are what keeps her going.She wanted to thank everyone so much for all their comments, all their love, and all there prayers. You are all the
reasons she is doing so well. She also told me that today was the first day in over a year that she has'nt been sick or
 nauseated, and she feels like all the cancer is gone! I was so excited I had to try to call everyone, and share the news
Those words were music to my ears. For the last little while ,you didnt' see Tami without her crackers to help with the nausea
   She put her make-up on today. had me paint her nails and fix her hair, ( some things never change.)
We visited as best we could today with the tube down her nose, but she was happy and awake all day.
    I love seeing a smile on her face again She said she feels much better after this surgery than last, and from what Judy
said, she looks alot better too.
   Tami has loved her nurses in I.C.U. her male nurse reminds Tami and I of Tim, he has the same manorisms and he even looks
 a little like him. Maybe thats a little comforting. What ever the case ,Tami is being well taken care of , and thats all that matters.
   Earlier today ,Tami tried to sneak a piece of ice, and she is'nt suppose to have anything in her stomache. When I stopped her she said
"OK you big monster" I think Judy was the big monster when she was here , and I'm sure Marsha will be the big monster when she's here. But let me tell you what..... I've enjoyed being that big monster!  We are hoping she gets in a normal room tomarrow ,with all the tubes out, but time wil tell . Till tomarrow ,hugs and kisses to all.
                                                                                                           Love Lana and Tami
Lana called me after she wrote and said Tami had been sitting in the Chair singing...."I know Heavenly Father Loves Me"...The primary song that goes.....Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue,blue sky.....whenever I feel the rain on my face...or the wind as it rushes by......that one.....The second verse ends with......Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me......I love that song too.....it takes me back to days of youth and laughter, freedom and fun and yes, knowing that Heavenly Father loves me.
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment