Team Tami

Enter your email address below and click "submit" if you would like an email notification as new posts are added to the blog.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Just got the e-mail....it was a little late today.....*I hope Lana is doing ok on her fli
Hey Tami-goers!
 
"When Dr. Lambert said this surgery was gonna knock me on my butt, she wasn't just a whistlin dixie!" Mom's tired today, but doing great!
 
There's not too much to report on (it's early yet.) But I thought I'd take the opportunity while Momma's taking her million dollar shower to say that....drum roll please....her white blood cell count is down to 16! Yay! From 29? That's awesome! Us folks have a white blood cell count of aboout eight or ten. But because Mom doesn't have a spleen anymore, hers is going to be freaking out a little bit, and it's normal for her to be between a fourteen and a sixteen. She's right where she needs to be. Although our dear friend, Dr. Lambert, does want it to come down just a little more.
 
I saw another major surgery today (Dr. Lambert said, "Hey, to you it is a major surgery because you've never seen the inside of your mom before.") She REALLY has seen the inside of my momma before...I wonder if you look at people different after something like that?
 
She said Mom sounds so great today. She was all smiles when she said, "You sound the best I've heard you sound since surgery. The way you talk, too. Not just the sound of it, but the tone. It's kind of depressing to hear you not be so happy." Very true, Doc, very true! She also said Mom could go outside and get some fresh air (I won't point her in the direction of the Boston marathon, just in case!)
 
Mom ate a ton of breakfast this morning. They ask her every night what she'll be wanting for breakfast, she tells them, they bring it. But every morning they throw a coffee on her tray that always goes untouched. We decided that the person putting her breakfast together is thinking, "Oh, she must be a little loopy on meds today. Everybody needs their coffee." There IS a Dunkin Donuts on every corner! (Don't worry, Lana!)
 
Mom's advice for the day went something like this, by the way: "Don't take things for granted! I used to get up and shower and get ready fast, and I could do it, and it took little effort. But now I get up to put my hair in rods or to get in the shower and I get so exhausted. I'm ready for a five hour nap." So in a word, be grateful for your showers:)
 
We love you, friends and family!
 
Maddie
 
PS They call a drinking fountain a "Bubblah" over here...I enjoy thatght....Thanks Barb & Kimmi for all your help.....

No comments:

Post a Comment