Team Tami

Enter your email address below and click "submit" if you would like an email notification as new posts are added to the blog.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Hi Team!
 
Today was an eventful day! Dr. Lambert came in and looked at Momma's wound. She started taking out staples, and to save the gory details...let's just say I saw about an inch of her insides. Puny stuff to Dr. Lambert...but I now consider myself an onlooker to a major surgery (It was really nothing, but we'll stick with my first story...)
 
At about 1:00 they took Mom down for her next surgery of the day (they only used a needle and some pain killers, but it was still probably bigger than the "major surgery" I saw an hour before.) It took about an hour and a half, which was suprising. I was under the impression that she really would be in and out within ten or fifteen minutes, and wouldn't feel it at all. She didn't during the "surgery," but after she said she felt like she had been shot (rating her scale at a four or a five, as opposed to the one or two she normally feels...she's a trooper!)
 
She slept for quite a while after that, drugged up a bit on pain killers, and woke up to a tray chuck full of food. And she ate most of it, too!
 
Dr. Lambert came in to say goodnight. She's going home, but will probably really be working all night. She's as cool as my mom!
 
Anyway, folks, thanks for everything. Thank you, Judy, for posting my emails everyday. Peter loves you to pieces, and so do I!
 
Love, Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment