Team Tami

Enter your email address below and click "submit" if you would like an email notification as new posts are added to the blog.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

You know what? I owe quite a few people a lot of thank yous. This one will be long, and no names go in any kind of order (just so you know I'm not picking any favorites.)
Amy, Kempy, and Avy: We would all still be stuck at the airport (hungry and "Fluffless!") without you three! You drove so many hours for us. Avy, you raised great girls! Thank you!
Judy: Thank you so much for all you've done for my mom. She so appreciated you being here the two times before. At a time when she was really lonely, and putting up a great big fight with the insurace every day, you were with her, and I love you for it!
Aunt Kimmy: Kimmy, I think since I was born we've spent a total of five days together (four of those days were this last week!) and I just love you! I really appreciated that you knew what you were doing with my momma, especially in her "loopy-we're-under-investigation" times (Mom thought we were all being investigated by the FBI for a few days...) And you definitely gave me amo as far as my dad is concerned...lots of great teenage days stories to hold over his head!
Barb: Thank you for feeding me (everyday!) and being here with me! One day (when I have a job...) I'll take you out for a 5 lb. lobster, and we'll take lots of pictures of it! Love you, Barn!
Becky, Sue, Jodi, and Amy: Thank you for all of your "Anything For A Friend" help! Sue's talked about how when she met us, she felt an instant connection to our family. We feel the same way about all of you (well Jodi was already connected...who knew she was a long lost cousin? Sorry Jodi...love you!) We know the Lord has been looking out for us. It's evident in so many ways, and a major one is all that you've done for our family. Thank you thank you thank you!
Lana: Thanks for coming, Peter. You've only been here for a couple of hours so far, but already I can tell you're going to do awesome! Thank you for loving my momma and being here for her. She's in good hands.
Suzy, Bonnie, Weney, and Wack...The Volvo Friends: Wow! You four have done so much for my momma, and I've loved getting to know you four better. I've known you since I was a baby, but haven't really KNOWN you until now. Thank you so much! Judy said not too long ago to my mom, "Your friends are really doing a lot for you, Tam...I mean a LOT. I think they're doing more for you than your sisters would do for you...and I'm one of your sisters!" You really have done SO much. We love you so much! Thanks for loving our mom!
Nate and Nat: Thank you for being with her and loving her. The Lord sure does watch out for us, doesn't He? Hang in there!
The Bingyum sisters and good ol' Uncle Van: She loves you guys! You've done so much for her, and know you never (ever) go unappreciated. She only has great things to say about all you guys.
To my very own Volvo Friend, Brookie: Thank you, Brookie! When you won the gift for the most donated at our last meeting, I wasn't suprised one bit it was you. Thank you for your words of encouragement. They always seem to come in times of need, and I'm grateful for that.
Grandma: The day I got here Mom said, "Sometimes I feel like if Grandma can fight, then I can fight!" Thanks for fighting, Grandma. Momma loves you. We all do! Keep fightin!
The committee members: I knew my mom was loved, but I never knew how much! You all take time out of your so very hectic days and you go and do! Thank you for your time and your love. Anything For A Friend (every part of it) has been so overwhelming in the best kind of way! The love you have for us has been just that. Overwhelming. Thank you.
Seth: Thanks for playing Words With Friends with my mom. Is that a goofy thank you? Yeah, probably. But she tells me often how thankful she is for you taking time out of your busy day to play with her. She says, "He even lets me win sometimes!" Shauna said to you, "You'd do anything for your Tami, wouldn't you?" And you would. Thanks for loving her.
Daddy: You call every hour, on the hour. But if you didn't, we'd be worried! Thanks for loving Mom. Despite what I thought my last twenty years....I think the love you have for mom is real love....the kind of love that is way better than the movie kind of love. We love you!
To Dordyn and Cal: Nobody understands better than a sister does. I love you! (You too, Macey...)
Oh, and how could I forget about the Hope Lodge? Last, but not least! Thank you for giving us a place to bed our heads, a place to eat, and a place to feel loved 24/7. Momma only has great things to say about you, too.
And you know what, since I've written a novel already, even though I really don't think Dr. Lambert reads this (though she should! Major self confidence booster! Because we love her!)...Dr. Lambert, I can not thank you enough. As much as all of these people love my mom (and we really, really do) nobody can give her what you did. I am in absolute awe of you, and every extra day she has is because of you.
I love you all so, so much! There's so many more people I could just thank all day long, and I'll be kickin myself in the pants for not making this five times longer after I press "send." For those of you not mentioned, know we appreciate you, too. There's just absolutely no more room.
Of course, our Father in Heaven, I'll talk to you when I'm on my knees a little later. You'll really be getting a novel.
Love, Maddie
...I was gonna send this, but mom said I left out the wards. All three. The Creekview ward, LaDonna Mesa ward, and the Worcester 2nd ward. Thank you for the fasting and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment