Team Tami

Enter your email address below and click "submit" if you would like an email notification as new posts are added to the blog.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hi Team,

Today (this afternoon especially) Mom has been doing much, much better. I'm not all "up to snuff" like Kimmy is, and I don't know the names of any medications, and I don't know the difference from one Tami attachment (iv's, etc.) to the next. But while Kimmy is taking Dad to the airport, you'll have to bare with me for a bit while I try to explain what I do know.

We have a great nurse named Doug! Everybody talks about that one special nurse that went above and beyond, and this one is Mom's. He heard that she loves country, so he not only got some good ol' country playing for her, but he got some good ol' UTAH country playing for her. He googled Salt Lake City's number one country station, and let it fill the room. Her spirits were lifted.

He seems to be taking great care of her...although I'm not sure she likes him too much because he won't let her eat (I think she's dreaming about a fresh batch of steak fries, a medium rare steak, and a baked potato like the ones grandpa used to grow--the great big ones!) and he won't let her take a walk (run...) down the hall. She said to me after that Nate was up and walking by now, and kept comparing herself to him. One day at a time, Momma. One day at a time.

They're letting her drink water now, she took medicine in the form of a pill, Kimmy helped her shave her legs today, and she doesn't get sick when she has her popsicles. Baby steps:)

Right now she just woke up from a nap, and she proceeded to tell me all about her favorite music. George tops it with Amarillo By Morning, and I'll Always Remember You. Louis Armstrong comes in third with What A Wonderful World. And Charlie Pride and Reba tie for fourth with Burgers and Fries and Starting Over Again. I added A Beautiful Heartbreak by Hilary Weeks in there for her to listen to, and I think (I hope) it brought her extra hope. After a long, agitated night, a normal conversation of music was really, really nice.

Yay!!! The night nurse just said we can go for a little walk at five. Mom likes Caitlyn better now...

I'm sorry I really don't know much, other than I really think she is doing better. The normal converstions of the day have been so different from yesterday, and so really we're doing the toyota jump over that. Pain meds can do goofy stuff, can't they?

We're so incredibly thankful for our cute mom, and so thankful for all of your love and prayers, as always.

xoxo Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment