July 26, 20120
Hello again,
I'm not completely sure, but I believe that today marks the one month mark since Tami's amazing surgery. I'm glad we're on this side of the HIPEC and that she is on the mend.
It was hard to say goodbye to Nate and Natalie today.  They have been so sweet and supportive. I consider them very close friends even though I've only known them for one week.  I'm going to miss them but hope to stay in touch. 
Tami took another step forward today.  One of her drain tubes were removed from her side and the other one drains very little fluid, so I can't help but think that they will remove it before too long.  I enjoy watching the progress that Tami makes.  She looked very good again today but was not feeling very well this morning.  They have  her off the IV again and back on oral meds which may have upset her stomach a little bit.  She just needs to make sure she has food on her stomach when she has her pills.
 She got up and walked several times again today. As we walk around the 7th floor, we pass nurses and assistants and cleaning people that have helped Tami during the past month. Tami somehow remembers every one of their names and every thing about them. She greets each one as they stop and ask her how she's doing.  She amazes me. I always try to remember people's names, but I get really confused and it ends up being a big blur. 
While Dr. Lambert was in the room tonight visiting this afternoon, the Urologist dropped by.  He wants to run a test on Tami tomorrow to make sure that her bladder is functioning properly and is healing.  Tami, being a little paranoid after the problem she had with her last procedure, asked him if there was any chance he could hit another artery.  We all had a good laugh about that. He told her that it should be a very simple procedure and that she doesn't have to worry about an artery getting hit. She also doesn't have to go without food and drink , which is a great thing. 
After the Urologist left, Dr. Lambert checked Tami's incision and the open wound and told her it looked really good.  Tami said, "Really, it just looks like a big hole to me."
Dr. Lambert and I just cracked up.  She's making people laugh again which is fun to see, but she is still weak and trying to regain her strength.  We're hoping for more good news tomorrow.
Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow, You're only a day away. 
Please keep her in your prayers and have a wonderful night.
Marsha


____________________________________________________________
OTC Diet Pills that Work
The 5 Strongest Diet Pills of 2012. FREE Shipping. Zero-Risk Trials.
DietRatings.org