Hi Team Tami!
 
Momma is doing great this morning, although she is tired. Who wouldn't be?? We need to keep reminding her she just had an out-of-this-world kind of surgery.
While she was resting, Dr. Lambert (Mother Earth, they call her, because she is so personable and down-to-earth.) found me in the waiting room. She asked how momma was doing, apologizing she hasn't been up to see her yet. I told her she was great today, just a bit tired (to be expected) and hungry! She laughed when I told her she was hungry, and was very happy about that. She said it's like when you have the flu. Nobody wants to eat when they have the flu. But when they start getting better, they're starving, and can keep down what they put down.
She also explained that the fluid in her left lung will be drained today, and that will be very fast, painless, and easy. She can't eat until she gets that done though, so hopefully she won't get too ornery!
Dr. Lambert said regarldess, she'll be going home on antibiotics, and will be on them for a few weeks. But that she is doing so great. Wasn't it awesome that Dr. Lambert took time out of her day to set my mind at ease? I appreciate that she knows and understands that I worry about my momma, and love Dr. Lambert for that. Now we REALLY want to take her home!
She just came in and said the battle wounds looks great, Momma looks and sounds fantastic, and her feet are warm and much less swollen! And the great news...the white blood cell count went down seven points! Yay!
I look all around me at the sick people at this hospital, and realize that so often they have complications and set backs...sometimes major complications and major set backs. But Mom gets noticeably better everyday! She really is going uphill...her marathon has been a great race, thus far! Keep your fingers crossed that it continues to go so great!
Love you all so much! Keep the pick-me-up texts comin! She loves em!
Love,
Maddie