Saturday July 21
 
Hi Team Tami,
 
This morning when Lana and I got to the hospital, we found Tami standing at the white board writing in her very unique fancy handwriting, "Happy Birthday Dad". I think she thinks of dad quite often and what he went through.  I told her that I think he thinks of her too and is probably right there with her at times helping her through her toughest times.  She agreed.
 
We thought Tami would be released today but Dr. Lambert thinks she should stay at least till Monday when the Urologist can see her.  He was not on call during the weekend.  Tami felt better about that anyway.  I'm glad they can keep an eye on her just a little longer to make sure all is well with her before they release her. 
 
I met Dr. Lambert today.  She was there a couple of minutes before they told me that was her Doctor. She is such a sweet lady and is so confident and knowledgeable but in a humble sort of way.  I was so happy to finally meet the woman who has taken such good care of my sister. I'm looking forward to seeing her at church tomorrow.
 
The Doctor said Tami's white blood cell count was down to 8 and was really glad about that.  That's really good news.
 
Tami and Lana and I went for a walk outside after the Doctor left.  It was such a beautiful day today.  There was a soft cool breeze but the warm sun felt so good on my face.  The weather could not have been more perfect so we just sat in the sun and took it all in.
 
Then our sweet little Amy came again to visit and to pick up Lana to go back to the airport. She has been priceless to us all. 
 
It was hard to see Lana go, but I think she's ready for a rest. She's been really good with Tami and I'm sure Tami will miss Lana's entertaining ways.
 
Tami has felt pretty good most of the day and we have walked the halls several times.  It's not really easy for her but she pushes herself.  She really amazes me after all she's been through. 
 
Lana and I went to Target this morning on the way to the hospital to exchange some clothes Lana bought for Tami.  Tami got dressed in these cute sweats and a colorful top and she just looked like "a million ducks".
 
Tonight before I left to go back to the Hope Lodge, I went to the gift shop to get some fingernail polish remover and I cleaned off her polish and put some new polish on her nails.  It was fun to pamper her a little. 
 
Nate and Natalie came to the hospital tonight to take me back to the Lodge. They have been so willing to help.  I'm so grateful for good people that will do anything for us.  What would we do without good friends?
 
Well tomorrow is another day.  I'll do my best to keep everyone updated this week.
 
Lots of love,
Marsha


____________________________________________________________